Monday, August 20, 2007

Outta SF to Ashland

Hey All,

So get this, we were to stay 30 minutes outta SF and leave in the morning. No such luck. Motel 6 sold our credit card held reservations to another costumer. Nice.. Nice. They guys had been drinking as usual so I had to drive us through the night! I was exhausted but managed to drive 330 miles. Copenhagen and Rockstar really helped to keep me awake... AGAIN! hehehe

I got us through some mountains but opted to wake DJ up at 9:00 AM for the last 100 miles. We stopped for gas in this hillbilly town.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The people inside we're a lot like The Hills Have eyes folk. If that wasn't weird enough, upon entering the restroom I encountered a mannequin of a woman in a tub!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I jumped back and said, "what the @#$%!!" The hillbillies had a chuckle. I guess they're bored there. As I gathered myself after being up for 24hrs working and driving, I started to do my business. The rednecks had rigged a speaker that was on a sensor. The woman started sayin', "get out I'm in the bathroom!!" and "don't touch me!!" I started to think I was losing my mind. They also had bated people to grab a fight coupon from the woman's breast. I washed my hand's and got the f out!

On the way out, I bought a water to flush the 2 large Rockstars that I had consumed from my veins to try to sleep. The knucklehead at the register asked what band we played for. I told him. Then he started telling me that they cooked breakfast for Insane Clown Posse. I was not surprised and headed to sleep in the van.

When I awoke, we we're in Ashland. Salvation!! Ashland is this killer town in Oregon that Flip found out about from 30 Seconds to Mars. It's a hippie town and a great place to soak in some fresh air. The first thing I did was go to our favourite cafe. We start and end our stays in Ashland there. Great coffee and breakfast...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I returned to the hotel about three miles away. After we rested for awhile we headed into town. The boys took the van and I skated for exercise. Damn that was tough. No oxygen and tons o' inclines.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We chilled for the day. The guys went to the bars and I checked out two movies, The Bourne Ultimatum and Dawn Rescue. They were both awesome. I love Ashland!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cheers!
Bill

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahah funniest shiyat ever bdizzle... nothing like driving all alone and drinking energy drinks... i hope your foot is better man!

-tmit

Unknown said...

Weirdness aside that is a very clean looking gas station restroom!