Thursday, August 23, 2007

Vancouver

Hey All,

A ton happened to me today so it may run a little long! We drove into Canada today and of course had to pass through customs. When the Canadian guard asked if we had any guns, I replied, "just these guns!" and flexed. She laughed and passed us through. I'm pretty dumb at times when I'm bored.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So every time we go to Vancouver we notice these looming cranes. It seems that the city has been under construction for the 5 years that we've been comin' here.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Apart from the construction this city is extremely beautiful!! I really enjoy the air quality and the culture.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So... I had to get some poutine fries. Poutine is a mix of fries with curds and gravy. It's a delicious heart attack. When I was waiting for my order I noticed how liberal the city is. There was a flamboyant gay couple ordering right after me. The one was telling the other to order the small as to not get fat. I was a little taken back due to how homo-stereotypical the scene was. If that wasn't enough an attractive French Canadien girl ordered after the couple. She sat right next to me. So on one side I had Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and on the left a Femme Fatal type. I finished up my poutine and bounced. It was a bit much. hehehe!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It gets better. After the show I was walking through a construction zone with a wooden covering to protect pedestrians. There was a slender well dressed girl who passed me in the shadows. I broke wide as to not scare her, when to my suprise she asked me if I needed company for the night. I didn't respond kept walking. I am a happily married man. hehehe!! And here I thought she was a damsel in distress.

After we gathered up the bar flies to head home, I popped in Metallica. "To Live is to Die" was playing which is a major influence in the beginning of our first album. I wrote the song, "Papa" in remembrance of my late grandfather and it ended in G which was perfect to lead into "A Passage in time". "To Live is to Die" was written for the Late Cliff Burton and has similarities to our album in that it transitions from classical guitar to heavy music. I commented that even from the great beyond my PaPa is still hustlin' because his song sells well on Itunes!

And now the awesome paranormal ending! We tried to enter the USA at the Peace Arch to no avail. We had to head back to the Pacific X-ing to broker in our promo merch. We got to the Pacific and were greeted by a man our own age. He searched for our band on the net to hear some of music. The first song that he asked about was "Papa". It had popped up first on his search. He asked about other songs and then eventually told us good luck and sent us on our way without having to broker anything. This saved us a couple of hours and a ton of money. I thanked PaPa out loud and so did the guys. I always knew he is still with me but sometimes he still lets me know in the physical world.

We love you PaPa!
Bill

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahahaha funny stuff brah. was the hooker hot?